Saturday, January 19, 2008

Remembering A wonderful woman..

A year ago (specifically it was Jan 21st), James' Grandma Crandell passed away. It was quite a surprise to all of us since she was in good health. She was a beautiful woman who raised a great family. During the Christmas season last year, we were at the annual Crandell Christmas party with the aunts and uncles, cousins, etc..


We were blessed to be able to get a snapshot of everyone in attendance that night. Because the snapshot was so complete with almost everyone, I doctored it up in photoshop and gave a copy of it to my mother in law for Christmas that year. She loved it and had a very large copy (20x30) made for her mother (grandma Crandell) for Christmas.


None of us ever imagined that she would be leaving us a month later. It was a gift that was treasured, but it became an even greater treasure to have once she returned home to be with Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the promptings the Holy Ghost gives us that help us to cherish our loved ones during what can be sad times.


I am posting the photo to honor Grandma Crandell and the beautiful heritage that she created with Grandpa Crandell. Though we miss her terribly, we are grateful for all the reminders of her influence and presence in all the sweet faces of those in this photo and many more that couldn't make it for the photo.
Crandell Family Dec. 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Skinner said...

That is so sweet! And of course, you are ever-so-talented when it comes to photos and photoshop....can I be like you when I grow up?

January 19, 2008 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Hey I FOUND YOU!
Love your Blog....I am jealous that you can make yours interesting. I really need to start writing in mine. Your family is looking great! I havnt seen your kids in a while - It good to spy. :)

January 22, 2008 at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home