Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is it bad to be happy when the kids return to school?

If it is, then I am guilty as charged! To counter my feelings of bliss and happiness that the kids have returned, I will post something about each of them that make me smile.



Jordan has recently become addicted to the show "Whose Line is it Anyway" and they rerun it on the Family channel. He has been recording them throughout the christmas break. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching and laughing hysterically with him. It has been a great way to hang out with my "teenager" (Yikes, I feel old typing that!).



Jacob has a tough boy exterior, but is such a tender teddy bear inside! I love that he always wants to give me big tight squeezes as soon as he comes home from school, play, etc.. I loved watching him play with his little lizzieboo over the break. He would take her outside and help her on her new Dora "dirtbike" (she is clearly influenced by Jacob's taste in toys!) that she got for Christmas.



Emmalee is growing up to be such a beautiful and smart girl! I am amazed at the knowledge her sweet little head retains. Bad mommy alert.....When she was getting ready to head back to school today, she took out a packet from her backpack and left it on the counter. It was a packet with a letter informing me (the parent) that my child was picked to attend the Spelling Bee this Thursday. The packet was given to them to practice over the break! It's a good thing Emmalee is so easy going, it didn't even phase her that she never cracked it open once!



Jonathan is the most IMAGINITIVE boy I know! Over the break, it was hilarious to hear him tell other kids stories about anything he could think up. Even while wearing the jammies in the photo, he would tell me that he thinks he can feel webs shooting from his hands. What makes this so funny is the seriousness in his face when he tells his tall tales. I need to document these funny stories and publish them. They would entertain many!

Note to kids: I promise I do love you, don't be sad that I am happy you returned to school. I will miss the extra sleep you all let me have by playing with Lizzieboo when she woke up early. I will miss the fun Christmas movies we watched over and over. I will miss the Christmas music we sang to in the car while driving all over town. I will especially miss your fun giggles and smiles! I love you all! mom

Good thing I wrote this, I was really feeling guilty that I have had a plastered smile all day (wink wink)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Skinner said...

Yes we were thinking alike. I love what you wrote. You are such a nice mom to say such nice things on a day like today.

January 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home