Sunday, January 6, 2008

Can too much sleep be bad?

Wow, I haven't had that much sleep since July! (when I started my paper route). That was a very refreshing and lazy vacation. The weather was absolutely beautiful and on the chilly side.

The kids were anxious to all take baths as soon as we arrived (could it be because the bath was a jacuzzi!?) and the suite had 3 tv's. Of course the kids tv was connected to the playstation the whole weekend (which surprisingly they didn't fight over). We played rummikub mostly with one fun game of Settlers (which I won!).

The kids had a run in with a javelina (though it was from a safe distance) and continued to pretend there were more for the rest of the weekend. Dialogue was like this: "Mom, I think there is a javelina over there, no over there, wait, over there, heehee! Funny kids.

Another highlight was on Friday night when Grandpa and Grandma Flake came to play games and give Jacob and Lizzieboo their birthday presents. They also brought Martinelli's with them for the celebration. They played a few games of Rummikub and had fun visiting with the kids.

We want to thank them again for their generous gift for the weekend. We appreciated it more than we can express in words! The sleep alone was worth the trip. I am adding photos of our little adventure. I wish I could bank the sleep we got and use it when needed. At least I am energized for the following day....


Jordan loving his favorite Lizzieboo


James trying to retain his youth


Lizzieboo playing with her new "friends"


Grandpa and Grandma Flake come to visit


Lizzieboo and Dad rest from too much fun!


Emmalee and Lizzieboo enjoying the pretty fallen leaves


Jacob showing off his scooter jumping skills


Emmalee and Jacob posing for their photo obsessed mom


Jonathan shows his spiderman web arms!
A superhero for sure!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Skinner said...

I am so proud of you for being a blogaholic already. I can't wait to keep up on it.

January 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger GoatesGirl said...

Super cute pictures. Glad you had fun, you deserve a break now and then miss busy body!

January 8, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Oh I love it when more friends start a blog!! Just a warning though, I love putting everyone on my blog so I can keep up with your super cute family!!!

Kristina Tietjen

January 8, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home