Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Is it possible to fix my broken strings?

Lately, I have had thoughts of trying to be a better instrument in God's hands. I had a FHE lesson with my kids about being an instrument in His hands and started pondering how well I am at letting myself be used to the best of my abilities.


I started taking inventory of all the times I could have been a better instrument and realized that I tend to be a tad bit selfish and whiney. I also see myself doing this as an example to my kids. It makes me sad. I started to realize that I have let me as an instrument go. I haven't been keeping myself in tune and practicing so that when Heavenly Father wants me to be used, I don't sound like a violin whose strings have been neglected, bow is loose and missing hairs and what strings I do have attached are out of tune.
(me right now)

I have good friends and family that seem to be the opposite. They are in tune, polished and play beautifully. When there is an opportunity to serve, help, or work to build up His kingdom, they are ready and able. They don't need to wait on getting their strings attached again, or tightening up their bow or even get their strings in tune. I admire you all that are such polished, beautiful instruments. I am inspired and pray that I can become that same way.


I know that we all have moments when our strings bust, pop out of tune or our bows need some tightening or loosening. I guess I realize that I have been this way for too long and am striving to get myself back in working order. Thanks to all of you that are patient with me and still love me regardless (especially my family!).
(what I am working hard to become)

7 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

Eva, I think you dont give yourself enough credit. To me you already are fine tuned! I think its those of us who already think we are doing enough that need the most fixin!! Your awesome.

January 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Kim Skinner said...

I second that. You are way amazing and already together - we're just hanging around you in hopes that it rubs off. It's good to think about that stuff though...maybe I should try to see if I can get my instrument back from DI. :)

January 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

well, then i must certainly third that! we are our own worst critics. no one ever gives themselves enough credit. you're an awsome and wife (i'm sure) and you have many incredible talents. you are loved!

January 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

k, left out the word mom after awsome.. didn't mean you were an awsome and!

January 30, 2008 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Elder Davis said...

Eva, you are truly an inspiration to me. You are so knowledgable in the scriptures and so many other things that you always have inspiring words and thought to say to all of us.

January 31, 2008 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa Gardner said...

just being around you builds my testimony.. your knowledge in the gospel is inspiring. you make me want to be better.. thank you..

February 1, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Heather Darger said...

By you just even posting this means you are where you need to be. Everyone is unpolished - some just hide it a little bit better. (not I as you know) but you have amazing strengths and you should focus on those and slowly work on other things you deside to. You are a amazing woman and I couldnt do 1/2 the things you do.

February 5, 2008 at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home