Thursday, February 21, 2008

A sweet funny from my sweet Emmalee



I was watching American Idol with Emmalee last night. It was the top 12 girls performing. While we were watching, I was giving my 2 cents on certain singers (well maybe I was offering more like a dollar).

She asks me out of the blue if I would ever go on American Idol. I chuckled and expressed that I couldn't go on because I can't sing. She then tells me "Yes you can". I chuckled again (singing to the radio isn't really singing!)and said "That's sweet of you Emmalee." I selfishly wanted to enjoy the innocent compliment. I didn't want to really share that not only am I WAY too old (the cut off age is 28, too bad I am 29). I also would be fodder for the critics of the really BAD singers in the early audition shows.

Even so, I was thrilled that my sweet 9 year old sincerly thought of the prospects of her aging, tone deaf mother performing on our favorite show.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blair Family said...

That is so sweet!!! Ahhh, the innocent.
I don't know if you know, but you can get your blog printed and I think even tell it which posts to print in the book. Anyway, if you are interested let me know and I can email you the website. I saw the Heritage blog and thought what a great way to put it in a bog since you are already doing the blog. Anyway, just thought you might want to know.

February 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Kim Skinner said...

That is cute! According to Simon, the other singers are nothing special so I'm sure you could go and wow them! :)

February 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Kim Skinner said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home