Tuesday, April 1, 2008

emflake workshops in the works..

I am about to embark on a new adventure since I have decided to throw in the paper route towel. I have had a few people inquire recently and over the last year about having me teach workshops on using the computer for scrapbooking and photo editing or photoshop 101. In my other life (heehee), well over a year and a half ago, I quit working in an industry (scrapbooking) that I worked in for over 7 years. I loved it and the people I worked with. My favorite part of working over the years was teaching others techniques and ideas. Not only did I love watching my students have light bulb moments with their new found knowledge, it helped me to continue to learn as well so I could be a better teacher.

With that said, I am working on setting up a blog with samples and schedules of what and when I will be teaching. I will be teaching the workshops out of my home until a better location becomes available. I am going to offer two types of classes. The first class will be focused on how to create titles, page embellishments, cards, etc using Micorsoft Word. This style is best for those who will be printing off what they create and in mass production (cardmaking, handouts, etc.). This class will be offered once a month with new stuff being taught each month. The second class will be a weekly workshop that will span over the length of a month (4 classes)focusing on photoshop and how to use it on photos, digital pages, etc..


If any of you have any suggestions or questions for me concerning this, your comments will be greatly appreciated. Even if they are to tell me how crazy I am to take this on! The cost is still being decided upon, but will be posted on the blog I set up. The blog should be up and running within the next day or so.

Here are some examples of what kinds of techniques and projects I teach:


This is a page that shows the title with the words typed in a circle with the center word having a sentence typed over it. This title was done in Microsoft word.


This christmas ornament was also done using shapes in Microsoft word and shape to fit a 4 inch chipboard circle. Makes a fun and cheap ornament!


Here is a family photo with editing done to the photo as well as brush effects and transparent words placed around the photo. This was done using Photoshop ELements 4.0


This is a baby announcement with photo editing done to the photo and brush effects are included in this design as well. This was created as a 4x6 photo for the ease of ordering prints to send out to friends and family. This was also done using photoshop Elements 4.0

3 Comments:

Blogger Aleia said...

Hi Eva, I just saw your email on the castelgate market place. I would be interested in taking your photoshop workshop. I am currently taking a digital photograpy/ photoshop class at MCC.
Thanks
Aleia Michael

April 1, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love all of your work! I want to learn to do the ornament :)! It would be a fun way to continue the Christmas tradition with something for each grandchild.

April 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

holy cow girl! those are awsome things. and YES you are crazy, but not so much. that is such "your" talent. you do so good at it, and it was natural to you. of course i always "hated" your pages!!! ;) i think it's awsome to start it up again---doing something you enjoy & something you're good at! good luck, and maybe one day you'll find me on your door step. :)

April 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home