Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Since it's not Christmas anymore, I thought I would at least update my page and maybe even type a little post. Christmas was fun, but getting our house cleaned and somewhat organized the week after felt even better! James took the week after Christmas off and we did a major clean job to the house. Now, the trick is to keep it that way. Any tips? Getting rid of kids isn't an option :)

We did take a day during the week last week to take the kids up to play in the snow. We enjoyed sledding, snowman building and of course, snowball throwing. We topped off the trip with me reading the ENTIRE book "The Christmas Sweater" while we drove there and back. It was a tear jerker for us all and was especially hard to read aloud while trying to choke back tears. The book was great and hopefully we can strive to remember the message it shared. Unfortunately since I read the book aloud in one day, my voice seemed to disappear for the next week. I think maybe it was a belated Christmas wish from my family to keep me from yelling at them (LOL).

Here are some pics from our snow adventure:


Elizabeth takes a turn down the hill


Jacob is all smiles as he hits the bottom


Emmalee is all giggles!


Snowball throwing is always a favorite with Jonathan!


Jordan doesn't hold back! Watch out!!


Elizabeth puts the finishing touches on the snowman.

We hope you all are having a great start to a new year! We are hoping for a happy and healthy one for you all! Maybe I can keep one of my new year resolutions and actually stay on top of this blog so it doesn't fade away...hopefully I can keep it better than past resolutions I have set :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home