Wednesday, August 13, 2008

(another one) Happy Happy Birthday Emmalee Dear..

Emmalee hits the double digits tomorrow! She will be 10 years old. We are going on a campout tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I posted a birthday message for her before we leave. Here are 10 great things I love about being Emmalee's mom:

1-Emmalee is sweet to her family. She is always writing kind notes and leaving them for either me, or her siblings or dad.

2-She is very creative. Give her some scraps of paper, ribbon, glue and she can create some pretty neat masterpieces.

3-Emmalee is very generous. She has no problems sharing and giving anything away. She will offer anyone what she has plus some.

4-I love her cute little glasses. When Emmalee was only 6 years old, she needed glasses. It's a good think she's so cute in them!

5-She is a great student. I have NEVER attended a school parent teacher conference where her teachers didn't just LOVE Emmalee. She is not only great at finishing her work, she loves to participate with the class.

6-Because of her great love for school, she has only failed to make Principal's Honor Roll once. She did make regular Honor Roll that quarter, but she seems to reach a little farther almost everytime to achieve making it to Principal's Honor Roll.

7-She is another book worm like her older brother. In fact, she usually reads herself to sleep at night.

8-Emmalee is such a natural beauty. I know I am her mom and tend to be biased, but honestly I think she is just a doll!

9-You can't find a better big sister for Elizabeth! Emmalee adores her little sister! Elizabeth loves her a ton as well.

10-I love that she was a breath of fresh air when she arrived to the Flake home. With two older brothers, we needed a sweet, cute and adorable little girl to add to our happy family!

Emmalee, happy birthday! I love you tons!!!
Love,
Mom


enjoying the crazy snow this past May (she is wearing her newest pair of glasses, which are my favorite ones!)


Rolling down the retention hill in Jonathan's wagon


Giving Elizabeth a ride with her going down the hill


Looking adorable!


Jumping off a wall to show off her skills :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a cute post and tribute to Emmalee on her birthday. I didn't know that her name was spelt that way. I love it.

August 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger The Flakes said...

I agree Emmalee is a little doll. Everything she does is just so darn cute. I miss you Emmalee!!!!
Grandma Flake

August 19, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home